Amelia’s Advocate is an In- home health care agency that is seeking in-home care aides and sitters/ companions whom demonstrate competencies, to perform duties that include, but are not limited to the specified job descriptions listed below:
Home management tasks, personal care tasks, or supervision of the client’s activities to enable the
Individual, their family, or both to remain and function at home.
-High school graduation or GED required.
-18 years or older.
-Must be listed with no substantiated findings on the NC Health Care Personnel registry.
-Ability to read, write, follow instructions as appropriate, for understanding the needs of populations served,
Personal care tasks, home management tasks, basic meal preparation, provision of transportation services,
Housekeeping, home safety, handling emergencies in the home and infection control.
-Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward caring for the elderly.
-Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands
-Good verbal communications skills are required.
-Attends (8) hours of caregiver oriented in- services per year.
-Shall have a criminal history check conducted prior to being offered work with Amelia’s Advocate,
-Ability to work closely supervised to assure competence in providing client care.
-In-Home Aides must be trained and competent to perform client care tasks or activities to which they are assigned. Such individuals shall perform delegated activities under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Specific Responsibilities: Assisting with Mobility including ambulation, transfers, and bed mobility; Assisting with Bath/Shower. Assisting with Toileting; Assisting with Dressing; Assisting with Eating; and assisting with continence needs. Physical Responsibilities: -Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing. -Ability to deal effectively with stress. -Able to work assigned hours per week. -Able to bend and stand an average of 6 hours per day. -Able to lift up to 50 pounds. -Able to work in a stressful environment. -Able to drive up to 90 minutes from the office. -Able to assess and communicate with ill clients, co-workers, and the public. -Is neat in appearance and practice, with good personal hygiene.
The Nurse Aide will provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living in the home and care client support in a manner that meets or exceeds State, Federal and Amelia’s Advocate, LLC expectations, under the guidance and supervision of the Registered Nurse to ensure quality and safe delivery of services. All services rendered will be done in accordance with the client Plan of Care orders. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
● Maintain current listing with the N.C. Nurse Aide Registry as a Nurse Aide.
● Be able to read, write, and follow the instructions.
● Must have completed and approved Nurse Aide training program and or approved competency evaluation program.
● Have a positive attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
● Demonstration of maturity and proficiency in performing the necessary job duties.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license, personal means of transportation, and a safe driving record.
● Must have a good Nurse Aide or health care work experience history in a similar work area or Amelia’s Advocate, LLC.
Follow the Plan of Care PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
● Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
● Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
● Ability to deal with stress.
● The following are essential job functions that must be safely performed with or without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct threat to other employees, client, or self:
Provides and or assists with activities of daily living such as grooming; oral hygiene, bath shower; feeding and nourishment; incontinence care; maintaining the personal environment (i.e., clothing linen within the home).
● Perform and or assist clients with passive range of motion exercises, ambulation,
● Transfers from bed, floor, wheelchair, and shower chairs as needed.
● Position client in bed and or chair and may apply and/or adjust orthotic bracing appliances when appropriate.
● Responds to client’s requests and corrects environment hazards in an appropriate and safe manner.
● Documents report care provided, and client observations including unusual or significant changes in physical, mental, or behavioral conditions and family situations or needs to the Registered Nurse.
● Obtain performs vital signs, heights and weights, intake, and output measurements, etc.
● Knows and can respond to emergency needs such as the Heimlich maneuver, CPR and other disaster procedures designated by Amelia’s Advocate, LLC policies.
● Attends to work assignments and in-service training. The Nurse Aide is responsible for maintaining 12-hours of in-service each year as governed by COBRA regulations. The Nurse Aide must renew certification every 24 months.
● Observes Amelia’s Advocate, LLC policies and procedures regarding attendance, timeliness, house rules, teamwork, customer service and other policies/procedures that may be introduced from time to time.
● Assist with self-administration of medications which are ordered by a physician or other persons authorized by state law to prescribe medicine.
● Perform incidental household services that are essential to the client’s care at home, dust, mop, sweep, vacuum, make beds, change linen, or do laundry.